MATURITY WITHOUT MATURING

Are you matured?... This was the question my best friend asked me, and I replied Yes and he went forward to say, If you claim to be matured in anyway, did you really mature?......read down!
I pondered on this question for sometime and the only thing that I could think of was my maturity in age which is the mentality of many of us. I told him yes that am an adult and with a smile, he explained;
Maturity is all about subtraction first and then addition, this is because, if you don’t remove the unwanted ones, there will be no space for addition of wanted ones. I cannot claim to be matured if I don’t shed off old things and add new ones which must be of advantage to me. NB: there are different kinds of maturity according to the stage you are in life.
A plant cannot undergo maturity without shedding old leaves so as to sprout out new ones and create space for the stem to be established.
Maturity is all about sacrifice and selflessness.you must sacrifice something to get a new and better one. for example; You cannot be happy if you hold on to what made you sad, You must let go of it to create space for true happiness.
This one struck me……..
The maturity of a country is known as its development. A country cannot develop if the citizens keep holding on to the wrongs of the past leaders, it only makes them do worse than they(the past leaders) did, thereby being a stagnant state, And the development of of a country depends on the maturity of the citizens.
Then I asked, how do I obtain true maturity?
He said “ true maturity can only be achieved in Christ but, you must note that there’s no end or completion of maturity until death. Learn to embrace Christ more, make the goal of every of your activity to aim at achieving kingdom work. In that way, you have sacrificed your desires for the desires of God who is your creator in your life, creating space for His wisdom and grace to be added unto you.
Wow! I was astonished as to how deep maturity is.
He made these last statement: you are still maturing, likewise Nigeria and everyone and won’t stop until you meet your end. You keep learning and unlearning as long as you desire to. Just make sure you learn in the right way and the right things, which can be only achieved in Christ.

Still remain expectant of who my best friend is as I gradually unfold his true identity.

More of these amazing articles on dvoicee.blogspot.com
                                                                                                        SHALOM!   


                                                                  


Comments

dvoice

REASONS FOR BAD GOVERNANCE

MAKING A BETTER NIGERIA THE SOCIETY OF NIGERIA

THE CHURCH 2