LOVE IV


Almost six years ago, I came across a very wonderful personality, though at that time, I never liked her, I was always very rude to her, I saw her as a very ugly girl and at that time, I used to be a very proud and arrogant person. Fate brought us very close and she was the good one amongst us, she was the true friend because I never really took her as one. On countless occasions, I called her nasty names and surprisingly, she never took offence. She will always come back to me in my peaceful mood to sort things out, and as I grew, I realized she was worthy of more than my friendship and I started regarding and appreciating her.

Many years passed by and we were still there and after sometime, I got very fond of her. She was the first instrument God used to form the new me and I swore in my heart not to love her less because I couldn’t think of what will make me do that. I made good plans in heart for her, one I didn’t make for even any of my blood siblings. Yeah, I know many of you will wonder at this but it is the truth. I always tell her things , deep secrets that I could only tell my bestie. I took her as someone I could count on even when I had no one to turn to physically. All this happened because I normally say to myself, if she could be there when I was nasty, she deserved more than I am offering and could offer. I valued our friendship more than almost everything.

Then the storm came. She started acting weird and when I asked, I received either the shaking of the head that shows nothing or the word itself “nothing” with a very fake smile, I was very much disturbed. I tried countless times to find out what was truly wrong and didn’t succeed. I gave up asking. Before I gave up, I prayed many times, it hardened me a lot, made me appreciate people for the moment because I couldn’t tell what the next moment held for us and above all, it made me love her less .

I stopped calling her because at that time, pride had already taking hold of me and was controlling me. I always comforted myself saying “ after all, am the very social one, I can make more friends”. Ignorantly, I was heeding to the voice of the enemy. NB: be conscious of when you deviate from the will of God. This storm actually went on for sometime and one night, when I was praying, I asked God to make me to truly have his kind of heart and he asked me a question: if you truly want to have my heart, why can’t you love like me just as you have written and i asked him how and he mentioned this my friend’s name. I was shocked, I realized that we humans ere in ways we can’t even imagine. And he asked me  another question saying “have I ever loved you less?”. I cried in my heart and thought of why I started loving this particular person who yielded herself to God’s service and contributed to my growth, and what happened afterwards, I realized that the enemy sowed a seed of gossip and it scattered us. NB: the reason why you started a particular thing is the passion and motivator, once u forget it, the passion dies and the stuff won’t work out again. Stay focused.

What am I trying to relate, if we are the offspring of God, created in his image and likeness, love is his nature so we must put on the same nature with him. God is love so we all must represent love so as to represent who we truly are even when situations, the society and world at large gives us all the reason not to love again. Even when we were in sin, God never loved us less instead He thought of a means to put an end to sin by sacrificing his only begotten son and loved us more. He then said to me, look for a way to love your friend more because love conquers all.

Dear friends, look for a way to love people more. If you must represent Christ, continue to seek for ways to represent Him in even the smallest thing that you do.  In this new year, make love the first in your list and work towards it. Do not let the passion for loving die in you. The only way to do this is to love Christ beyond measures, He is a great teacher, He will teach you how to love everyone.

I remain your favorite writer, DVOICE!!

Happy new year!! Be expectant of our new year gifts from God through his words.

SHALOM!!!




Comments

dvoice

REASONS FOR BAD GOVERNANCE

MAKING A BETTER NIGERIA THE SOCIETY OF NIGERIA

THE CHURCH 2